There are two community midwives based at the Health Centre, and as soon as your pregnancy is confirmed an appointment with the midwife will be arranged for you. The midwives also run antenatal and postnatal clinics normally on a Tuesday and Thursday. They provide parenthood sessions, and following the birth of your baby they will visit you at home until the baby is ten days old.
Three health visitors are based at the Health Centre and are closely involved in the healthcare of patients of all ages, but particularly young children. They run groups and clinics to meet the needs of our community. Please discuss this with your Health Visitor if you wish to attend.
- Baby massage: These classes usually take place on a Wednesday morning.
- Breast feeding support group: This group meets every Tuesday 12-1pm.
- Baby clinics: Wednesday 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon for advice and baby weighing
- Assessment and immunisation clinics: By appointment only
- Post-natal group
- Enuresis assessment & advice
Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and every second Friday. Self referral forms are available from reception.
Couple Counseling Lothian
Tuesdays 4.00pm to 6.00pm, Wednesdays 10.00pm to 5.00pm. Appointments (0131 556 1527)