We constantly strive to give you the best care and attention possible. We are keen to hear any of your comments or suggestions about our services. You either can speak or write to our Practice Manager, or use the suggestion box which can be found opposite the reception desk.
We are always prepared to listen to any complaint about any aspect of our service. Please refer to the following guidelines when making a complaint.
- Complaints will only be addressed when made by the individual to whom the complaint pertains, unless that individual is a minor, or written permission has been given by an adult (unless they are incapable of providing permission due to illness or incapacity).
- Complaints will usually only be investigated if they are made within six months of the event or made within six months of you realising that you have something to complain about, as long as that is not more than 12 months after the event itself.
- If you wish to make a verbal complaint, a member of the office staff will initially take a note of your contact details and the nature of your complaint. This will then be passed to our practice manager. You will then be contacted (normally within 24 hours) by phone to discuss the complaint directly with our Practice Manager, or sometimes one of the GPs. We strive to resolve complaints quickly and efficiently.
- If verbal a complaint remains unresolved, the patient should be put their complaint in writing to the Practice Manager.
- Written complaints will be acknowledged within two working days.
- An explanation will be provided within two weeks.
- We will make every effort to investigate and resolve written complaints within four weeks.
- You must state in writing any remaining grievances within four weeks of receiving the outcome of the investigation into your complaint.
- If satisfactory resolution of the complaint is not achieved within the practice, you can contact the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO). Please visit the SPSO website for more details at http://www.spso.org.uk/nhs-complaints